News & Events
Awarded with Best Initiative for Children With Special Needs for outstanding initiatives benefitting students with physical/ learning challenges
- Nov 2021- Conducted a session on ‘Life Skills Development among Children’ during the National Webinar on Promotion of school mental health Programme in collaboration with National Institute for the Empowerment of Individuals with Multiple Disabilities’, NIEPMD
- Feb 2022- Conducted a session on Play & education during the CRE training
INTERNATIONAL EDUCATIONAL DAY (November 2021- December 2021)
Extensive use of digital technology to provide accessible e-content to Divyang students has been provided further impetus in the new National Education Policy (NEP-2020). In pursuance of this vision, Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India constituted a working committee with experts from the field of disability and inclusive education.
ANUGRAHAM in collaboration with United States –India Educational Fund ,USIEF organized a panel discussion on ‘ Guidelines for development of e-content for CWSN’ on 17 Nov 2021.The key members of the working committee and Ms. Subha Chandrashekhar were the main speakers.
Adaptation of printed textbooks into Accessible Digital Textbooks (ADTs), and development of e-content for children with Specific Learning Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities, Visual Impairment, Hearing Impairment and Autism was highlighted. It is of paramount importance to realise that accessible e-contents are supplement and not a replacement to the role of the teacher in the classroom. The session was attended by teachers and Special Educators.
75 years of Fulbright
To commemorate 75 years of Fulbright, an online session on Universal Design for Learning was conducted by Subha Chandrashekhar for more than 200 teachers and Special Educators from across the globe. This program too was supported by USIEF.
INCLUSION: THE WAY FORWARD (September 2020- September 2021)
Ms. Subha was one of the 5 recipients of the 2020 USIEF Teacher Alumni Awards for my project Inclusion: The Way Forward was conceptualized as a project to enable schools to practice inclusive education as a fundamental right of children with special needs. Most schools and teachers are not fully aware of the existing government policies which advocate and promote inclusion. The project aimed at (a) collaborating with the special educators and general education teachers to create awareness about the needs of the students with disability, (b) Sensitizing teachers about the educational policies that promote inclusion and (c) Introducing the concept of ‘Differentiated Instruction’ to ensure that all students of a given heterogeneous class engage and benefit from classroom instruction. Sessions were conducted in four mainstream schools and ANUGRAHAM continues to provide support to the schools.
Collaboration with Govt. of NCT of Delhi
Ms. Chandrashekhar conducted multiple sessions on’ Behaviour Modification’ for more than 100 Special educators of schools under the South East district under the Directorate of Education, Govt. of NCT of Delhi
Consultations and Sessions
- Conducted a day-long workshop on ‘Stress-Management’ for general education teachers and Counselors , organized by Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE , Regional Centre, April 2022 The workshop included 8 interactive sessions on ‘Understanding Stress’, ‘Decoding Responses to Stress’, ‘Myths about Stress’, ‘Burnout’, ‘Stress at the workplace for Teachers’.
- Conducted a session on ‘Let’s make a better place for our Children with Disabilities- Inclusive School & inclusive Society’, for B. Ed students of Dept. of Intellectual Disability, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI), April 2022
- Conducted a session on “Modifications in the School Processes for Children with learning problems’ for primary teachers from Haryana, Punjab, Jammu and Himachal Pradesh in a workshop organized by National Institute for Public Cooperation and Child Development NIPCCD, Mohali , April 2022
- Conducted a session on ‘Down Syndrome: Awareness & Inclusion’ for Department of Special Education, Faculty of Education SGT, University on Down Syndrome Day, March 2022
- Keynote Speakerfor the National Webinar on “Introduction & Challenges in Inclusive Education” at national institute for Persons with Multiple Disabilities, NIEPMD, Chennai, February 2022
- Conducted a session on ‘Play & Education’ for Composite Regional Centre for Skill Development, Rehabilitation & Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (CRC), Gorakhpur(Under the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Govt. of India), February 2022
- Conducted a session on ‘Adopting Inclusive Practices in a Vidyalaya’ for teachers of Kendriya Vidyalayas, February 2022
- Conducted sessions on Universal Design for Learning and ,’ Lesson Planning using UDL’ for teachers of Kendriya Vidyalayas of, Jabalpur, December 2021
- Conducted sessions on ‘Universal Design for Learning’ for Principals of Kendriya Vidyalayas of Jabalpur and Raipur, October 2021
- In collaboration with NIEPVD, conducted a session on ‘Creating an Inclusive Environment’ for Principals of Kendriya Vidyalaya. (September 2021)
- Conducted a session on ‘Remote learning for Children with Special Needs’, ANUGRAHAM August 2021
- Conducted a session on ‘School Readiness: Skills for children with Developmental Delay’ organized by Composite Rehabilitation Centre, Gorakhpur, August 2021
- ‘Mainstreaming of Children with Hearing Loss’, an interactive session for parents was organized by ‘HearmeSpeak’, July 2021
- In collaboration with Max Muller Bahavan (Goethe Institute ), conducted sessions for students of middle school in “Talkfest” to discuss the impact of the pandemic on the young adolescents, May 2021
- Resource Person for staff & students of Ivano-Frankivsk College, Precarpathian National University, Ukraine on ‘TREADING INCLUSIVE SPACES 5: Highlighting the outcomes of Without Borders: Sustaining and Supporting Inclusive Education’, February 2021
- Panelist for Webinar on “Reopening of Schools: Safety Tips and Guidelines” organized by SHARP , February 2021
- In partnership with KIDSCIOUS, conducted a session on ‘Academic Management of Students having Learning Disabilities’, January 2021
- Resource person for training of Special Educators, Samagra Shiksha Mision’ Jharkhand on’Potential& Challenges of Children with Special Needs, December 2020
- Resource person for training of Special Educators, Samagra Shiksha Mision’ Assam on Inclusion & UDL, November 2020
- Resource person for training of Special Educators, Samagra Shiksha Mision’
- West Bengal on Inclusion & UDL, October 2020
- Panelist for webinar on ‘Virtual Schooling : The Rise of Digital Teachers’ , organized by Indian Society of Professional Social Work and Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, September 2020
Collaboration with Kendriya Vidyalayas
- ANUGRAHAM collaborated with NIEPVD & organized a training program for Principals and teachers of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan of Uttarakhand District. Sessions on ‘Creating an Inclusive Environment’ was conducted by Ms. Subha Chandrashekhar in September 2021.
- In October, She conducted sessions On UDL for Principals of KVs of Jabalpur and Raipur
- In December 2021she conducted sessions on Universal Design for Learning and ‘Lesson Planning using UDL’ for teachers of Kendriya Vidyalayas of Jabalpur
In collaboration with NIEPVD, Ms. Chandrashekhar conducted a session on ‘Creating an Inclusive Environment’ for Principals of Kendriya Vidyalaya. Inclusive policies, inclusive culture , flexible pedagogy and use of assistive technology was discussed. The pivotal role of a Special Educator in an inclusive school was emphasized.
29 August 2021
As a part of their short training programs, ANUGRAHAM conducted a session on ‘Remote learning for Children with Special Needs’. The session was well attended by participants from across the country. ‘Blended Learning’ and using technology to optimize remote learning was highlighted. The session was highly appreciated for the ease of implementation of ideas discussed.
29 August 2021
Ms. Chandrashekhar conducted a session on ‘School Readiness: Skills for children with Developmental Delay’ organized by Composite Rehabilitation Centre , Gorakhpur. In her interaction with parents and professionals, she spoke about the 3 dimensions of Ready Children , Ready Schools and Ready Families
COLLABORATION WITH CBSE
Conducted the following sessions for CBSE
- May 2022 ‘Developing Resilience in Students’
- April 2021 -‘Teaching strategies for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder’
- April 2022 ‘Developing Resilience in Students’
- March 2022 ‘Connecting & Communicating with Parents’
- December 2021 ‘Connecting & Communicating with Parents’
- December 2021 ‘Working with Learning Disabilities’
- December 2021 ‘Teaching Strategies for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder’
- November 2021 ‘Teaching Strategies for Students with Intellectual Disabilities’
- November 2021 ‘Teaching Strategies for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder’
- November 2021 ‘Adopting Inclusive Practices in the Classroom’
- October 2021 ‘Connecting & Communicating with Parents’
- September 2021- ‘Adopting Inclusive Practices in the Classroom’
- August 2021- Teaching strategies for children with Intellectual Disabilities’
- July 2021 -‘Teaching strategies for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder’
- June 2020- ‘Management of Behavioural Issues ‘
- ‘Inclusion: Strategies for Improving Student Performance’
- ‘Locomotor Disabilities- Nature & Strategies for Inclusion’
Sessions with Centre for Excellence West Delhi, CBSE
Ms. Chandrashekhar regularly conducts sessions for ‘Centre for Excellence West Delhi, CBSE’ to create awareness on various benchmark disabilities. She has conducted sessions on ‘Teaching Children with Locomotor Disabilities’, ‘Teaching strategies for children with Autism’, Teaching strategies for children with Intellectual Disabilities.
The sessions have been highly appreciated by the participants.
Session with HearmeSpeak
‘Mainstreaming of Children with Hearing Loss’, an interactive session for parents was organized by ‘HearmeSpeak’. During the session, the role of parents in language acquisition in order to facilitate the positive transition to a mainstream school was highlighted by Ms. Subha Chandrashekhar.
In collaboration with MaxMuller Bhavan, Ms. Chandrashekhar conducted sessions for students of middle school in “Talkfest” to discuss the impact of the pandemic on young adolescents.
In partnership with KIDSCIOUS, an organization that conducts training programs on Learning Disabilities, Ms. Chandrashekhar conducted a Session on ‘Academic Management of Students having Learning Disabilities’
Collaboration with State Govt. Samagra Shiksha Programs
In her mission to collaborate with special educators and teachers at the grass-root level, Ms. Subha Chandrashekhar has been training special educators from West Bengal, Assam, and Jharkhand as a part of the Samgra Shiksha (inclusive Education ) training programs.
December 2020 – Jharkhand
Jharkhand Council of Educational Research & Training, Ranchi conducted a training program on Inclusive Education (IE) in December 2020 for mentor teachers including Special Educators, Principals, General education teachers, Resource Centre Coordinators. Ms. Subha Chandrashekhar conducted sessions on ‘Potentials & Challenges of CWSN’ and ‘Education of Children with Diverse Learning Needs’. More than 85 participants interacted to gain insight into flexible curricular approaches including Differentiated Instruction and Universal Design for Learning.
November 2020 – Assam
In association with the National Institute for Persons with Multiple Disabilities and Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Assam, Ms. Subha Chandrashekhar conducted sessions on ‘Role of Schools in Inclusion’ for mentor teachers of 3 different districts of Assam. The participants included Special Educators, Principals, General education teachers, Resource Centre Coordinators.
October 2020 – West Bengal
Ms. Chandrashekhar conducted sessions on ‘Inclusive Education ‘ and ‘Differentiated Curriculum & Universal Design for Learning’ for more than 80 Special educators of 24 Parganas district of West Bengal in collaboration with the Samagra Shiksha Mission of South Parganas District. The sessions were conducted in Bengali and were much appreciated.